Getting away from your home and stepping outside your usual routine is beneficial for both your body and soul. According to the novelist Pico Iyer, traveling is not as much about leaving your home, as it is about leaving your old habits.
Benefits of travelling
By having travelling experiences, you:
- Understand how other people live and gain more compassion.
- Learn who you are, as you get more opportunities to have self-reflection moments.
- Develop skills you didn't know you had.
- Learn new languages.
- Experience new adventures.
- Get challenged more, since you face situations that you usually wouldn't.
- Create new and funny stories about your life experience.
- Feel good about yourself, as improve your health and mind by not thinking about problems you could be having at the moment.
Best countries to visit
The winning countries voted by the readers of Condé Nast Traveller in The Readers' Choice Awards 2021 are:
- New Zealand.
- Sri Lanka.
We have been able to enjoy many trips to this beautiful country known by its culture, hystorical monuments, people and much more!
In addition to being a great place to visit with friends or with your partner, Portugal is also one of the Europe's best places to travel with kids.
So, here are the best places to visit in Portugal, starting in Lisbon:
Jerónimos is as a symbol of the wealth of the Age of Discovery, built to honor Vasco da Gama's epic 1498 discovery of India when.
You can see this tower just by talking a walk along the river/sea in Belém. It represents the highpoint of decorative Manueline architecture and even if you do want to get in to have a closer look, you will not have to pay much as one of the benefits of travelling to Portugal is that it's cheap.
- Padrão dos Descobrimentos
Very close to the Torre de Belém, some minutes walking from there, you can find the Padrão dos Descobrimentos.
There are many more things to do in Portugal and all the other countries mentioned before but we shouldn't forget one of the most important thiongs to think about when planning a trip- your accomodation.