Radium Foam looks back with pride on a 50-year history of producing the Vita Talalay® latex. Since 1961, the company has been applying its refined Talalay latex production method that make its products so unique.
As the most experienced Talalay producer, we create strong brands. Together with our customers, we set a benchmark for the entire bed industry. We maintain excellent, worldwide relationships with companies in this industry. We believe that a good night’s sleep is essential for an energetic feeling during the day. This is the reason why we supply our customers with nothing less than the highest quality in the most breathable, supporting, and soft comfortable material available on the market, and have been doing this for more than a half century!
the highest quality
more than a half century
Timeline of activities
The factory started working with latex in Maastricht in 1932, and in 1961, Radium Latex acquired the Talalay production rights and started producing Talalay latex. In 1991, Radium Foam became part of the Comfort Foam Division within the Vita Group, a global leader in specialised polymer technology, with nearly 80 offices in 24 countries and approximately 5,000 employees. We currently sell to customers in over 30 countries worldwide.
- 1932 Latex production starts in Maastricht.
- 1950 N.V. Radium Latex founded.
- 1959 Acquired by Vredestein.
- 1961 Talalay latex production starts.
- 1971 Vredestein acquired (including NV Radium Latex) by Goodrich.
- 1976 Dutch government acquires 50% of Vredestein shares from Goodrich.
- 1978 Radium Foam becomes an independent subsidiary of Vredestein.
- 1991 Joins the Vita Group.
- 1994 Radium Foam makes largest investment ever in a brand-new factory.
- 1996 Official opening of new factory.
- 2011 Vita Talalay® celebrates its 50th anniversary.